Monday, June 4, 2007

Mini-vacation

The heathens and I are in the thriving metropolis of Manhattan, KS. It's actually a very lovely town. Home to the K State Wildcats. They also have a very cool "insect zoo." They call themselves the "Little Apple" and are proud of it. Very nice people too.

So, how did this transpire? My sister. She lives in Colorado. We live in Missouri. Kansas is in between. (Really, check a map sometime. That flat, treeless space dotted with cows between Kansas City, MO and Denver, CO is mostly Kansas.) Since the heathens and I didn't have time to drive to Colorado for a week this year and she didn't have time to drive to us for a week this year, we settled on 48 hours (minus drive time) in the middle.

The girlys have thoroughly enjoyed the hotel pool. (And the bugs, Bug was WAY into the bugs.) Sister and I have thoroughly enjoyed the time to talk face-to-face.

She's trying to teach me to have emotions (or at least admit to them), I'm trying to teach her to suppress (rather than analyze) hers. It's a lose-lose situation but we're close. We are amazingly alike, except for that one small matter. And the fact that she's 6 feet tall. But we can't all be tall, can we?

1 comment:

Michelle Marcus said...

No, we can't be tall dammit.